Rose Square

The heart of Liepāja is its Rose Square, located in the heart of the city centre. In the 18th century the New Market was located here. Even today you can still see evidence of that time - the houses in the square with tw
Rose Square
When the market was moved to its current location in 1910, in its place the city authorities decided to construct a public rose garden. Hence, in 1911 the square was given the name Rose Square, its name to this day. The coats of arms of Liepāja's sister cities are placed on the edging around the bed of roses. By the way, these coats of arms are not placed here randomly - they each face the actual direction in which the particular city is located.
Location
Rožu laukums, Liepāja, LV-3401
Services and facilities
  • Tematiskie pasākumi
  • Restorāns
  • Informācijas punkts
  • Informācijas stendi
  • Autostāvvieta
  • Gida pakalpojumi
  • Kafejnīca
  • Velo noma
  • Atļauti dzīvnieki
Contacts
Languages
DE    RU    EN    LV