Ovīši Lighthouse

Ovīši Lighthouse is the oldest navigation building in Latvia preserved until today without visible changes.
 Ovīši Lighthouse

It is 33 m high cylindrical stone tower. Initial lighthouse was built in 1844, present in 1905. White light that can be seen from 7.5 miles away flashes every 7.5 seconds. Ovīši Lighthouse is in Ventspils district, Tārgale parish. Building of the lighthouse was finished in 1814 and it has remained untouched (without architectonic changes) until nowadays. The lighthouse is 38.5 m high and hosts the exposition of history of lighthouses.

  Diameter of stone tower is 11.5 m and inside of it is the second tower (diameter - 3.5 m). Height of the tower (without lantern) is 29.6 m and the height of the lantern is 6 m (without wind sock, but with the base).   

 Built in 1814

 Height of the tower - 37 m 

 Height above the sea level - 38 m 

 Flashing light seen - 15 miles

Location
Ovīši, Tārgales pagasts, Ventspils novads, LV-3601
Working time

From 1 April  to 31 October 

Mon: closed

Tue-Sun: 10:00-16:00

From 1 November to 31 March

Mon: closed

Tue-Sun: 10:00-14:00

Payment options
Entrance fees:

Adult 0.70 EUR

Children 0.30 EUR
Services and facilities
  • Autostāvvieta
Contacts
Languages
RU    LV